MOT Testing in Longton, Stoke-on-Trent
Reliable MOT Testing from Automechanix
About MOT Testing
Annual MOT tests are a legal requirement for all cars 3 years of age or older (this period varies for some other vehicle types). This test is to ensure that your vehicle meets the minimum safety & emissions standards required by law - keeping your vehicle safe and environmentally friendly.
Automechanix are a Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency-authorised (DVSA) MOT Testing station, so our specialist MOT testers can carry out a comprehensive inspection of your vehicle to ensure that it meets all recommended safety standards.
The DVSA issue a required list of items* to check on an MOT test. This list includes the following:
- Steering control.
- Steering system.
- Power steering.
- Suspension - general.
- Front suspension, front wheel bearings and driveshafts.
- Rear suspension and rear wheel bearings.
- Shock absorbers.
- Parking brake lever mechanism.
- Hand operated brake control valves.
- Service brake control.
- Anti-lock braking system.
- Mechanical brake components.
- Hydraulic, air and vacuum systems.
- Brake performance.
- Drivers view of the road.
- Audible warning (horn).
- Exhaust system.
- Exhaust emissions Petrol & diesel.
- General condition of vehicle.
- Vehicle structure.
- Body security.
- Body condition.
- Load security.
- Spare wheel and carrier.
- Fuel system.
- Registration plates and VIN details.
- Front and rear position lamps, rear registration plate.
- lamps, rear fog.
- Rear reflectors.
- Direction indicators and hazard warning devices.
- Headlamp aim.
* This list is not exhaustive
Book an MOT Online